Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cape Cod Interior Paintings

The Blue Couch by John Clayton
I find  the work of Joan Cobb Marsh, quite inspiring. She is a wonderful artist known for her landscapes and Interiors When ever I run into Joan is encouraging about painting interiors as a way to try something new for me.. I have always wanted to try paintings of interiors but never felt confident. I decided to take a friends offer and paint the inside of his wonderful home on beach. Mostly I find perspective to be challenging but even with a little knowledge you can get a nice feel for light poring into the room. 


Sash's Study by John Clayton

Interior by Joan Cobb Marsh

The very dark value of her interior on the right creates an interesting design. Very simple.






Joan was a student of Henry Hensche, when she was a young girl.
 Henry,  did a beautiful portrait of her as a young girl. in my video of Joan, it can be viewed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddies this is truly my first experience commenting on any website, this is sensible post that provoked me to comment!! Calgary painter

    ReplyDelete