Monday, December 3, 2012

Dean Keller, Artist, Teacher

Figure Study, Cairo, 1995 charcoal/paper
by Dean Keller
John Clayton's early drawing
I stumbled upon this drawing I did one winter studying drawing in New York  with Deane Keller.
 Deane taught a lot of talented artist's. I thought I would share his interesting small sketch Deane did on the side of my drawing to help me understand the center line.
 I also remember Mr Keller teaching proportions which can be seen on the other side of the drawing.

I get so focused on the landscape, I forget to develop the figure
It's so great to find this gem and perhaps spend some time drawing the figure as well.
Dean Keller felt that most art schools where too cavalier in there approach to training artist's how to draw.
I copied and pasted from Wikipedia a short bio on Deane Keller


 Deane Galloway Keller (August 1, 1940 – January 4, 2005) was an American artistacademic and author.[1] Keller was a draftsmanpaintersculptor, and teacher who instructed students in the visual arts for forty years, most notably in figure drawing and the artistic application of human anatomy


No comments:

Post a Comment