Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Stock Island Wharf

Oil on Panel 8x10
Many artist's including my friend, have remarked the cloudy day or "grey day", is their least favorite light key. I love the grey day because it is a change from the sunny day and you have another palette from which to paint from.
The color values are a little closer together and the local color is more apparent. 
When I say local color I mean the color of the object, without the intense sunlight effecting it.
Painting at this little wharf is a wonderful spot in the keys, very laid back, with all the elements of a good marine scene.

I

2 comments:

  1. John,
    I think this is beautiful. I like how the light catches the tops of the boats, like the sun is eking its way out from behind the clouds. Very nice.
    --K

    ReplyDelete