Monday, February 4, 2013

The Tree at the Porter House

Oil on Masonite 16x20


I loved painting the banyan tree so much I decided to paint a larger version of the painting.
The tree is on the corner of Duval and Caroline, here in Key West. The house is called the Porter house.
 I don't want my paintings to be about architecture as much as nature, but getting into some of the detail is fun.
I find that when you get into details however, you can go over board, and tighten the painting, loosing the very thing that drew you to paint the scene in the first place.
Certainly it's a fine line between suggesting details and rendering up your painting. You want to make your painting as William Merit Chase called "alive with paint". 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the painting above it seems that it was made by an expert painter but I'm also looking for the blog of commercial painting Northville. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! It's true haven't seen you put much painting up here in a while, but really

    sweet!
    painters edmonton

    painting contractor edmonton

    ReplyDelete