Friday, April 18, 2014

Hilda Neily

This week I have been painting in Gulfport Florida with Hilda Neily. Hilda was my painting mentor and is  a Henry Hensche Student, who lives in Provincetown and Gulfport.

Hilda and I painted together, one painting in the morning and another in the afternoon.
The pallet Hilda uses is vertical and her easel is a simple aluminum stand rite. Hilda maintains that most important for impressionist painting is to have the colors unaffected by strong sunlight so that the painter may make clean clear color notes.



Hilda works on my painting and has some interesting insights in the above  clip.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great... but doggone, the video tells me "This video is private..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave It has been corrected and I hope folks will watch this small clip of Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like very much Hilda's approach. I wish she had an educational book ir a video available. Interesting the vertical palette concept .

      Delete