Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Events and More Events


The last couple of weeks have been busy for  events. The end of the Cape School class at the historic Hawthorne Barn and then a Plein air painting even in Orleans at the Addison Gallery.

Participating in the Orleans painting event was a nice way to meet other artists and possible new collectors in the mid cape. I enjoy painting new scenes and the social event that follows at the Addison Gallery; to be honest I love painting by myself the most. I find when I'm alone I can concentrate more and get more accomplished. 
Painting is very much a solitary life when I paint I'm sort of praying or meditating. It sure is nice to have company once in awhile however.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your instruction...art is tough for a student. Loved that week in the Barn and on the Sand box

    ReplyDelete
  2. or as joni mitchell would sing, "...oh i am a lonely painter....i live in a box of paints"

    ReplyDelete