Monday, July 7, 2014

The Grassy Lane

This lane is a particular favorite painting spot of mine. It looks a little unreal but it depicts the typical flowering charming garden, street scenes that Provincetown is known for.
I have painted several scenes of this and it's always in July when it's flowering. The lane is closed off to traffic but 40 years ago locals tell me it was a working lane. 
I painted this with a painting knife moving from the abstract color shapes to the more particular specific color shapes.

Last week, Arthur Egeli hired this young fisherman to pose for his class. I was able to jump in and paint as well. It's always a great experience to paint with artist's like Arthur who paint the figure so well. I was excited about the fact by teaching the mud head class two weeks ago, I was able to take this painting a little further; being  brushed up on my figure skills.





My workshop Painting the Town with John Clayton is coming up July 21 to 25 9:00am to 4pm.
Should be a blast there we will paint in some great spots around town. Contact the Capeshcoolofart.org if interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment