Thursday, September 25, 2014

Cape School Last Workshop

This past week was my last workshop of the season. It was an amazing experience for me because I think I learned so much from teaching and rethinking some of my previous methods of teaching color.
The Week was packed with surprises including an interview with Moe Rocca, CBS Sunday Morning News.
The students where agreeable to be filmed. I did a short demo at the Moors and then talked with Moe.
It will be great if the interview airs . I will be more nervous to see it then giving the interview.


I did several demo's to explain light and shade, and light key.

I sort of went a little over the top and created this very Disney painting to bring across the point not only does a sunny day have the contrast between light and shade it is all about temperature.

I did a demo at the Moors because it's just so darn beautiful on a cloudy day. Even with cloud coverage there are warm colors working as well as cool. 
The camera crew went crazy when they saw all the expressive clouds coming in at the Moors.



We ended the workshop at the Truro Vineyards were we where treated to lunch by the owner Dave who took the workshop as well.

I realize that teaching artist's to see color is an involved process and takes time to learn. Combined with pure landscape principles seeing color is very specific. I learned a great deal this summer from teaching, and am challenged to pass on more simple direct principles the next coming year.

2 comments:

  1. the painting of the Moors is wonderful. I like how you pushed the color on the overcast day.

    ReplyDelete