Saturday, November 17, 2012

Studio Painting of "Two Boats"

This is a large painting I worked on for several days in the studio. The painting size is 30x30. I like working on square sizes they give a very different feel to my work.
I worked on this painting in my studio, from a small painting. I am not afraid to work on large paintings from life outdoors I often do that, however working from a small painting in the studio is an interesting process. I don't like to to lock myself in my plein air rules.
In my studio I learn so much from the process of just painting. I am excited to paint different subjects and finding new ways of expressing myself through my art.
I will take a drawing and turn into a painting using my imagination to explore the color.
I'm not concerned with how original I am or if I have something to "say'. I simply enjoy the process of putting down the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment