Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Black and White

At first I didn't understand the Facebook post that I was challenged  to post a black and white photo of my work for five days and nominate someone new each day to do the same.
I decided to accept the challenge and have fun with black and white.

I painted over a small painting 6x6 and only used black and white paint. The scene is of Dyer street a scene I'm familiar with. I painted this scene from memory changing the scene to fit my composition and so forth.


So Much can be gained by painting or sketching value patterns and I think is helpful when you apply color later on.

The second day I posted a screen print that I am working on. The image is of me and it's a photo emulsion technique. I also drew with a sharpie on parts of the photo I wanted to be dark. 
I plan on creating some color later on with the print. My inspiration is Andy Warhol who's work inspires me.


No comments:

Post a Comment