Saturday, September 29, 2012

Orleans Color Boot Camp


Last weekend was my last Color Boot Camp in Orleans. It was a blast. We had a combination of different weather and light keys to contend with. I can't get over how beautiful Orleans surrounding area is.
The students mostly worked in oil but I had a couple who worked in acrylics. That was a first teaching with acrylics. It turned out fairly well. The only difficulty was drying time was quick and with oils wet into wet makes painting outside much easier.
Everyone had a little trouble at first breaking up the masses or big shapes. I explained that once you establish the masses you can't change the value only the color. After working on this all weekend everyone was able to "hold the mass".
It was great to see at the last critique everyone was able to come away with two different light keys.
We all had a great time getting to know each other and learning , as I told my class everyone was able to advance and "no child
left behind".



No comments:

Post a Comment