Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ten Days that Shook the World Demo

Provincetown 10 Days of Art festival is an amazing event that is currently taking place in Provincetown. Herring Cove Beach Bathhouse in the Cape Cod Nations Seashore, is a multi Media exhibition, before its demolition.
It was amazing to be a part of this event. To come together with many local creative artist's and create something.
I took on the more traditional approach painting a portrait demonstration. I was a amazed at how many people show up to see my demonstration. I basically painted a portrait of my buddy Troy, explaining my painting approach to the audience, while I painted.
Painting a portrait in front of that many people challenged me. I went outside my comfort zone. I feel comfortable painting a landscape or still but to paint the head in front of a group left me exposed and opened me up.
I have always had a love for this type of painting but haven't felt that I'm good enough. Having this experience made me realize that it's not about being good, it's about creating something and sharing your joy of creating.
For me, the Ten Days That Shook the World,  shook my world!
To read more about this event check out their website http://www.provincetowngalleryguild.org

No comments:

Post a Comment