Sunday, October 14, 2012

Atwood Lane Painting

finger like shadow

Shadow flowing and unifying shadows
For the last couple weeks I have been working on this lane painting, when the conditions are right.
I work on this scene on sunny mornings.
I like to take my paintings home and live with them before I bring them to the gallery.
It's a chance for me to enjoy them, and see how they actually are working.
How is the design, color, drawing?
When I took Atwood Lane home I noticed the design of the shadow was awful. It looked like a huge claw.
Rather than burning the painting, I simply worked on the unpleasing shadow and made it behave.
Often times the color is bad, the values are broken up or the drawing is off.
In Atwood Lane the case was that it just didn't flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment