Friday, May 2, 2014

Back to Provincetown

On my way home I stopped by New York and caught the Anders Zorn show at the National Academy Museum. I saw the same show in Boston this past fall. I couldn't resist seeing it again. Some of the paintings where not present in the New York show. The National Academy is a small museum and much of the show was on different floors. Having the show in different rooms and floors gave you a break, the paintings where spread out and made the experience enjoyable because you could stand back and really see how inspiring the work of Zorn is.
The small exhibit of Zorn's etchings was amazing.
Mr Ogden by Anders Zorn

It was great to be back in my studio again and start working on a still life painting. I spent the day setting up and painting a still life.

No comments:

Post a Comment