Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Flowers and Onions Still Life

Early spring on the cape means that the weather is cold and nothing is blooming; it's a perfect time to utilize the studio and paint a still life.
The still life is not an easy sell and many plein air artist's shy away from it; however  the controlled environment is beneficial for the artist.
Rarely in nature do you have such colorful objects to work with, and you can control your setup. With the landscape you have to search for the most inspiring scene to paint.
I find painting the still helps my color and I'm exploring the forms, along with light and shade.
I'm working from life in my studio. The best part is I can close the door to the studio and turn off the news and phone and escape this world for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment