Thursday, April 11, 2013

Oh No Not another Rooftop!

Over the years I have worked in seres of these rooftop scenes. To be perfectly honest I love painting these scenes I am always discovering something new from this view. Friends in Provincetown are always jabbing me about painting the same scene over and over. I don't think they understand if I wasn't inspired by this painting spot I wouldn't paint it.
No Rooftop painting is the same they are in different light keys, time of day, and seasons.

Recently one of these paintings was purchased by the The Connecticut Burn Center. Where the painting hangs in the entrance. 
Below I posted the Link, that my dad emailed me.


1 comment:

  1. Keep them coming, John. This one is fabulous. And it's great to think of those at the center gaining solace from the light & color & atmosphere. If you get a minute look up Blanche Lazzell's "Backyards, Provincetown" from 1926... these rooftops are a long tradition.

    ReplyDelete