Thursday, April 5, 2012


I couldn't wait to start painting in my new studio so
I took some time out of moving to check the light out. I set up a simple still life of these two onions. Most of the work is done in the set up. Finding the right light and arraigning the still life so that you can see light and shade, and determine a good compositional design. I also wanted to study these edges that are so beautiful. I mostly painted the onions with a brush and finished the painting with a painting knife. I guess I just feel comfortable using the knife to paint with it puts the paint on thick where I want it. Now back to moving and packing.

2 comments:

  1. wow - superb light and color, and brushwork... will you be showing us some views of the new studio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a matter of un-ambiguity and maintenance of helpful awareness on the topic of unforeseen feelings. Calgary painter

    ReplyDelete