Saturday, April 7, 2012

We will be opening the Egeli gallery this spring.. I hung some of my paintings around the gallery today while the new Carpet is being put down. I work sometimes in the gallery, meeting people and hopefully selling my painting or some of our other artist's paintings. It gives me a little art supply money. I also get a chance to meet collectors and learn a little about them and what they love about art. I don't mind selling other artist's work because I get a commission and I don't feel so competitive with them.
I'm very much a local artist. I teach in Provincetown and I am a member of the Art Association, and sit on the committee for the Cape School of Art. Being involved in the local art community has helped me to get my name out there. I put my painting in the members open exhibits. You can learn so much by submitting your work to juried exhibits. More often than not I don't get excepted. It's painful but helps to make a professional artist, "I'll show them next time"!
Donating to local Charities, helps people and gives collectors a chance to see your work. I really enjoy getting out of town in the winter to paint other places. The studio can also be a great place to travel to for the plein air artist. This year I want to nurture and develop my paintings. The old adage "Bloom where your planted" might be the very key to making it happen.

1 comment:

  1. Ahaa, this is pleasant conversation in this post here, I’ve just read this all, so I think this is the only place to comment on the post…. Calgary painter

    ReplyDelete