Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where there's Still Life there's Hope

This still life was painted in my studio. Recently I was inspired by some of Peggy Knoll Roberts still life paintings. I love the simplicity that she sets up in her stills. I tend to be classic cape school in my approach. I would like to open myself up and find new ways to express still life. (find the painter on your wavelength").  I took a section of Peggy's  painting that I liked and set something up that's similar. I also used the colors on my pallet  and painted it the way I see color.
I find this lesson tremendous for getting things simple and thinking about still life  differently.
I'm all for anything that gets me out of my shell. I enjoyed using the brush and putting down lots of paint to express the light, shade and color.
Charles Hawthorne said "where there is still life, there's hope"!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting! I will check this out! phoenix painter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waow that’s excellent! I have completely got this. Thanks a lot and keep it up. Calgary painter

    ReplyDelete